These are for sale a short drive from my house. Seller is calling them Altec 604's but he told me he's not sure which model. From the crossover photo it looks like they're 604-8H's? He says cabinets are home made and that the original crossovers and drivers (with original cones and phrams) work great. I'm thinking of setting up a time to listen to them this week but was wondering if the cabs look usable/suitable for 604-8H's. I know it's hard to tell with the exterior cabinet photo. Also, I was wondering how the 604-8H's stack up against other 604's. I'm a huge fan of the mantaray horn and the tangerines but was wondering how the low end is on the 8H's. He wants $1500 for them---I know 604's are pricey but I hate to pay more than I paid for either pair of my Model 19's for 604's in homebrew cabs. What do you guys think is a fair price to offer him if the drivers are working properly/in nice shape? Or should I pass? Could these potentially give my Model 19's a run for their money (in which case I may be interested in adding them to my collection/using them as studio monitors)?
604-84 two.jpg
604-8h.jpg







Bookmarks